The Business Analyst (BA) is the primary liaison between our clients (Businesses which span the entire spectrum of industries) and our internal development team. The primary function of the BA is to provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance. The analyst is accountable for ensuring that clear and concise system requirements are captured and will then work with the development and business colleagues at 1on1 to develop functional and technical specifications from the business requirements. The BA is also responsible for documenting client workflow and project requirements, defining high level features and functionality, producing a business requirements document (BRD) and defining the scope and boundaries of the project. The position requires someone who is self-motivated, has a strong technical background, and possesses great communication skills.
Gather, analyze, document and manage system requirements (both functional and non-functional) for technology solutions that address and satisfy business requirements
Translates business requirements to system requirements and functional specifications.
Collaborates directly with Business Partners, Technology Teams, Solution Architects, Application Developers, and Testers to ensure they understand the functional requirements of the system
Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements
Defines internal and external user interfaces
Performs technical analysis of business requirements
Documents internal and external system interfaces
Drives prototyping activities that validate business requirements and solution definitions
Defines detail design components with high level architecture blueprints
Completes all required documentation on assigned projects
Provides integrated systems analysis and identifies how application/systems interact to support business processes
Assists with production validation to ensure technical solutions perform according to defined specifications and business requirements
Assists with troubleshooting system production issues when required
Stand in for the Project Manager where required
· Experience as Business Analyst with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Strong analysis, requirement gathering, documentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders and communicate business expectations.
· Strong experience creating user stories and acceptance criteria to express requirements.
· Familiarity with various project management methodologies including waterfall, Agile, Lean and Scrum process
· Exhibits excellent judgment, and acts with integrity.
· Aptitude for learning. New projects, new teams, new technologies means having to adjust and learn all the time.
· Great communicator, respectful to other views, and decisive.
· Optimistic attitude, motivates other team members.